Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Maple-Walnut Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting

Two weekends ago I had my Mom AND my In-Laws for supper at my place. Talk about pressure! I wanted to make something special for dessert and layer cakes seem to say "special" to me for some reason. I had bookmarked this one in Issue #87 of Everyday Food  and thought that this would be a great night to make it. It is longer recipe so for convenience I have included a link to it.





RATINGS:
Average Rating - 9 - "Good but a bit too sweet"

NOTES:
I ended up adding an extra cup of icing sugar to the frosting. It was too runny for my liking to start with. The icing does firm up once refrigerated though. I do recommend refrigerating the cake after it is frosted. It slices sooooo much easier and the cake actually tasted better then.