Monday, October 4, 2010

Sterling Sauce (warm caramel sauce)

So, this recipe isn't new but I am having so much fun with this blog that I now take pictures of all the interesting things that I make.
The chocolate cake is actually a mix. I don't mind using them at all. My mom taught me a trick and they always turn out great. The trick is to sift the cake mix before you add all the wet ingredients. It gets rid of all the lumps and you get a nice fluffy cake!

I got this recipe from my mom. I have no idea where she got the recipe from originally.

STERLING SAUCE
CREAM together 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
GRADUALLY add 4 tbsp cream and 1 tsp vanilla.
HEAT well over medium-low (or in a double boiler).
SERVE warm over cake or ice cream.

RATING:

Brad - 10 - "This makes chocolate cake good!"

Heather - 10 - "Mmmmmmmm"

1 comment:

MrsD07 said...

"This makes chocolate cake good" --- THAT MADE ME LAUGH MY ASS OFF!